Once you have all of the PLAN tasks completed or underway that apply to your business, it is time to take ACTION. The number of different of elements to consider and projects to mobilize in the Act section of StartABrewery are considerable, and we have worked hard to organize them in a way that is easily accessible while making sure you don’t miss anything important. ACT covers everything from your
first financial commitment to the project until your doors are open to the public or you offer your first packaged beer for sale. Remember that endeavors of this level of complexity are not 100% linear; you may still be in PLAN with some tasks while digging into ACT on others.
As in the PLAN section, we offer a list of distinct Categories within all brewery start up projects, each with a task list of action items to be completed while working through the ACT phase. Each Category list will also link you to its Category page for further information to assist you on your journey, including educational materials and the task lists for that Category across the entire project. All information is provided by our knowledgeable contributors who are leaders in their area of specialty and respected in the craft beer industry.
• Open bank account • Apply for financing: Application, Business Plan/History, P/L Projections - 3 years, Resumes, Personal Finance Statements, Personal Tax Returns - 3 years, Credit Check Authorization, Lease Agreement or Real Estate Agreement, Business Acquisition, Construction Estimates, Equipment Quotes • Sign financing documents • Fund your equipment
• Estimate desired production • Research available utilities • Evaluate space constraints
• Forecast scaling up production • Research equipment options • Select equipment/financing
• Purchase/order equipment • Install equipment • Brew/package test batches
• Location lease review • Apply for state licensing • Apply for federal licensing • Trademark registration
• Research marketing/sales compliance • Review state compliance post licensing
• Equipment/ingredients contracts • Understand labeling requirements • FDA registration
• Brand registration/price posting if required • TTB licensing • Review ACT phase contracts
• Determine layout of tap room • Buy/install equipment/furniture • Design/decorate interior
• Interview/hire tap room management • Integrate/train on POS • Staff training beer/food service
• Organize food options/kitchen • Determine/purchase merchandise options • Set-up online purchase/options • Coordinate grand opening